TRUANCY: FAILURE TO ATTEND SCHOOL AS REQUIRED BY LAW.
FAILURE OF THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO MAKE SURE THEIR CHILD ATTENDS SCHOOL.
POTENTIAL RESULTS OF TRUANCY AND EDUCATIONAL NEGLECT
- The child being placed on INFORMAL SUPERVISION with the Juvenile Intake Officer.
- The parent(s) and child being required to appear in JUVENILE COURT.
- The child being placed on FORMAL SUPERVISION through the Juvenile Court and being required to attend school regularly, with the potential of being charged with CONTEMPT OF COURT for failure to comply.
- The child being REMOVED FROM THE HOME and placed in the custody of a state agency, group home, community-based program, relative or other appropriate placement.
- The child AND family being required to submit to physical, psychiatric, and/or psychological EVALUATIONS.
- The child being placed in the PERMANENT CUSTODY OF ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL if it is proven that the parent(s)/guardian(s) have not complied with the law.
- The parent(s) being assessed COURT COSTS (ATTORNEY’S FEE).
- The parent(s) paying a FINE OF UP TO $500.00 for failure to ensure that the child attends school.
- The child being required to complete COMMUNITY SERVICE.
- The child and/or parent(s) being required to submit to random DRUG TESTING through the Juvenile Office.
- The parent(s) being required to complete PARENTING CLASSES .
- The child being placed on an ELECTRONIC MONITORING DEVICE (HOUSE ARREST).
NOTE: FAILURE OF A PARENT TO FOLLOW A COURT ORDER CAN RESULT IN A CHARGE OF CONTEMPT OF COURT WITH A FINE, COMMUNITY SERVICE AND/OR JAIL SENTENCE POSSIBLE.